PgSQL Initial Questions (before starting project)

From: Paulo Jorge Matos <pocmatos(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgSQL Initial Questions (before starting project)
Date: 2005-12-01 09:54:53
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,

I'm interested in developing a project which uses a DBMS in a linux
server and has a running GUI frontend (written in C++) on several
Windows machines, which connect to the DBMS. The questions are as
follows:
1 - If I use PgSQL for DBMS, are PgSQL C++ bindings stable on Windows?
Is it easy to connect to the DBMS from windows?
2 - Can I sell the software? Do I need to open-source it even if I do
not sell it?
3 - Is there a way to create forms, reports, etc from PgSQL databases?

I think that's all for now.

Thanks,
--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm