Re: Upgrading from 7.4 to 8.2

From: Matthias(dot)Pitzl(at)izb(dot)de
To: rickard(dot)sjostrom(at)bluebottle(dot)com, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrading from 7.4 to 8.2
Date: 2006-12-19 09:29:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Rickard!

As far as i know you will have to dump and restore the databases for the
upgrade since a lot of internals have been changed from 7.4 to 8.2.
A description on how to upgrade can be found here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/install-upgrading.html
And here: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/migration.html

Good luck!

Greetings,