Re: problems logging in through phpPgAdmin

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: "Davenport, Julie" <JDavenport(at)ctcd(dot)edu>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Hussey, Latasha" <LHussey(at)ctcd(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: problems logging in through phpPgAdmin
Date: 2011-09-26 18:58:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Sep 26, 2011, at 2:19 PM, Davenport, Julie wrote:

> If I use this combination:
> local all all trust
> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
> or this:
> local all all md5
> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
>
> then we cannot login at all -- even if we put in the correct password, we get "Login Failed" on the screen, and we just see " FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"" in the log under pg_log.

And you say you tested psql from the command line like this

psql -U postgres -h 127.0.0.1

and it prompts you for the password and accepts the one you are entering with phpPgAdmin?

And PHP is running on the same server as Postgres?

What is the IP address used in your phpPgAdmin configuration? If it is not 127.0.0.1, you might need to use the explicit IP address in your pg_hba.conf.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.