AW: Postgres Replication

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: "'Darren Johnson'" <djohnson(at)greatbridge(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: AW: Postgres Replication
Date: 2001-06-12 07:02:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Although
> Postgres-R is a synchronous approach, I believe it is the closest to
> the goal mentioned above. Here is an abstract of the advantages.

If you only want synchronous replication, why not simply use triggers ?
All you would then need is remote query access and two phase commit,
and maybe a little script that helps create the appropriate triggers.

Doing a replicate all or nothing approach that only works synchronous
is imho not flexible enough.

Andreas