AW: Re: tinterval - operator problems on AIX

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: "'lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org'" <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Cc: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: Re: tinterval - operator problems on AIX
Date: 2001-01-10 10:28:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The time zone is now evaluated in the time zone of the result, rather
> than the input, using system support routines from libc.

Ok, I have the answer.

On AIX mktime(3) leaves tm_isdst at -1 if it does not have timezone
info for that particular year and returns -1.
>From man page:
The mktime subroutine returns the specified time in seconds encoded as a value of
type time_t. If the time cannot be represented, the function returns the value
(time_t)-1.

The following code then makes savings time out of the -1.
tz = (tm->tm_isdst ? (timezone - 3600) : timezone);

What now ?

Andreas