Could turn on -O2 in AIX

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Could turn on -O2 in AIX
Date: 2000-11-07 18:22:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

but, there is eighter an optimizer bug or a code bug in nabstime.c
leading to regression failure in abstime, tinterval and horology.
The rest all passes.

Does anybody see similar behavior ? It is a little sad, because the
optimized code really runs a lot faster and those are somehow
obsolete datatypes.

Andreas

PS: I have a patch in the works that fixes the runcheck problems for AIX 4.2 and up
that I would like to see into 7.1, maybe tomorrow.