Announcing PostgreSQL RPM Buildfarm

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Announcing PostgreSQL RPM Buildfarm
Date: 2008-01-07 18:56:24
Lists: pgsql-announce

I want to announce PostgreSQL RPM Buildfarm today.

PostgreSQL RPM Buildfarm is a set of Xen instances which includes all
combinations of RHEL/CentOS 3,4,5 and Fedora 7,8 with 32 and 64 bit
architectures, as well as all PostgreSQL major releases. More will come
later. RPM users will be able to find all the combinations from now on,
even if it is not supported by the OS itself. For example, if you want
to run PostgreSQL 8.2 on RHEL 5, and also want to run Slony-I compiled
on this platform against this PostgreSQL release, want to analyze your
logs with pgfouine, and run ptop , PGDG RPM Building Project will
provide you all the binaries. Also, in near future, we will be able to
have daily packages, based on the CVS versions of each major release.

Another announcement regarding the new PGDG RPM yum repository will
follow soon, which is a native result of this RPM buildfarm.

Special thanks go to Darcy Buskermolen, my colleague at Command Prompt,
for providing hardware, building Xen infastructure and spending
countless, countless and countless hours on it. Thanks Darcy. (Thanks
again).

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE