Re: Slow query after upgrades

From: Albert László-Róbert <albertlaszlorobert(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Duffey <tduffey(at)techbydesign(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow query after upgrades
Date: 2007-12-14 11:15:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 05:24 -0500, Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Albert Lszl-Rbert wrote:
>
> > the performance before were arount 1-2 minutes ... and after the upgrade
> > it was about 30-40 minutes and more ... but because our application is
> > running throw the internet using the CORBA technology in most of the
> > cases the database throws an org.postgresql.util.PSQLException(: An I/O
> > error occured while sending to the backend.) exception.
> >

> I don't understand why running slower results in IOExceptions. Is the
> driver actively broken, or is your app just slower?

Generally the use of the driver is OK, but with some of the queries (for
the moment we've got feedback for two heavily used queries) we had this
kind of error. When we ran the query from the console we've got the same
result (it was faster than through the JDBC driver).

--
László-Róbert, Albert
mobile: +40-(0)-742-874-854