Re: VACUUM ANALYZE out of memory

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Akinde <michael(dot)akinde(at)met(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: VACUUM ANALYZE out of memory
Date: 2007-12-11 10:24:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 10:59 +0100, Michael Akinde wrote:

> I am encountering problems when trying to run VACUUM FULL ANALYZE on a
> particular table in my database; namely that the process crashes out
> with the following problem:

Probably just as well, since a VACUUM FULL on an 800GB table is going to
take a rather long time, so you are saved from discovering just how
excessively long it will run for. But it seems like a bug. This happens
consistently, I take it?

Can you run ANALYZE and then VACUUM VERBOSE, both on just
pg_largeobject, please? It will be useful to know whether they succeed.

--
Simon Riggs
2ndQuadrant http://www.2ndQuadrant.com