Re: Release Note Changes

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Note Changes
Date: 2007-12-09 12:13:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 12:46 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Simon's the guy who (rightfully, IMHO) smacked me for forgetting to
> > credit him on a commit message. Credit is important to some people.
> > Let's not get in the business of annoying the people who gives their
> > work for free. For some, credit is the second sole reason for hacking
> > Postgres (first one being because it's fun). If I had had no credit,
> > I wouldn't have a job.
> >
> > If anyone explicitly says that credit is not important to him, feel
> > free to remove his name from the release notes. I doubt you're going to
> > get many takers.
>
> I don't think people are going to volunteer to remove just their name
> but they might agree to remove them all.

I'm not sure how a thread about a few missing items on the performance
list became a discussion about removing all credits.

The release notes are there to inform people about important features,
so if me waiving any credit on those missing items is what is required
to get them mentioned, I will happily do so.

Please add the items I mentioned upthread.

--
Simon Riggs
2ndQuadrant http://www.2ndQuadrant.com