Re: Fair large change to contributors (patch 3)

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fair large change to contributors (patch 3)
Date: 2007-12-09 11:27:45
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 13:18 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 21:48:02 +0100
> Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>
> In an effort to remain productive... please see attached patch.
>
> Also required:
>
> BEGIN;
> UPDATE developers_types SET typename = 'Major Contributors'
> WHERE type = 3;
> UPDATE developers_types SET typename = 'Minor Contributors'
> WHERE type = 4;
> COMMIT;
>
> There are no new files, only modification to existing ones. I also
> added a rewrite rule to .htaccess. The rule works but I am unsure
>
> I will say that Magnus/Stefans (wrong :P) way results in a smaller
> patch.

As I think I said on IM, the rewrite rule part is bogus, really. It
needs to get out on the static frontends, and just putting it there
doesn't do that - it only affects wwwmaster. And for that, it really
*is* easier to just accept the old URL still ;-)

It needs to go in portal/tools/htaccess/root. I can take a look at doing
this if you don't want to, but not right now (you *really* need to test
stuff going in there, we've had some serious breakage from bad patches
there before)

Other than that, I obviously like this patch much better ;)

//Magnus