reinstall_start from scratch

From: Patrik Forsman <patrikf(at)luukku(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: reinstall_start from scratch
Date: 2007-12-04 14:50:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello

I have tried to reinstal postgresql because i belive somthing went wrong the first time. But now I comes up error. Something wrong with user account or password. Seems like I have to use the original password? I used auto password the first time and it comed something like xv/ysfghn/jvtyd¤li423r7/73rb67egn%rny (I saved it lika a picture but..). Do I have to use the original password? Is it possible to really start from scratch . Another thing is that it is possible to choose service-something or program. It was wheb I used the service option the error came. When I used the program option the installation succeded, maybe.
The thing is that it is a program “holdemmanager” that doesn’t work and I belive that it is my problems with postgresql that causes it. I am not sure what the program option was about but as I remember it means that I have to start postgreql separately. Is it so? I will try again at home (I am at work now) but I really should need some help here.

Kind regards
Patrik Forsman

Luukku Plus paketilla pääset eroon tila- ja turvallisuusongelmista.
Hanki Luukku Plus ja helpotat elämääsi. http://www.mtv3.fi/luukku