Re: createlang failed!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "John Liu" <johnl(at)synthesys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: createlang failed!
Date: 2003-01-17 15:14:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"John Liu" <johnl(at)synthesys(dot)com> writes:
> When I run createlang plpgsql template1
> on linux 7.3 (pg version 7.3.1), it failed -

> createlang plpgsql template1
> ERROR: stat failed on file '$libdir/plpgsql': No such file or directory
> createlang: language installation failed

What does 'pg_config --pkglibdir' say? Is there a plpgsql.so in there?
Is there any additional information about the failure in the
postmaster's log? (If you are routing the postmaster's stderr to
/dev/null, now is a good time to stop doing that --- what I'm wondering
about is dynamic-linker errors, which will only appear on stderr.)