Re: Dropping a database that does not exist

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Uwe C(dot) Schroeder" <uwe(at)oss4u(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tham Shiming <shiming(at)misatravel(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Dropping a database that does not exist
Date: 2006-02-10 20:24:35
Lists: pgsql-general

"Uwe C. Schroeder" <uwe(at)oss4u(dot)com> writes:
> I don't think you have duplicate databases - that would be the first time I
> heard that postgreSQL supports that.
> Are you sure you didn't create the database with a name that just doesn't
> print?

That's one possibility that I was wondering about; another was there
somehow being two entries in pg_shadow for the same usesysid, which'd
result in apparent "duplicate" output from queries that involve joining
pg_database and pg_shadow. That's why I wanted to know exactly what
was leading to the conclusion that there were duplicate databases.