Re: SPI-header-files safe for C++-compiler

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Jacob Rief <jacob(dot)rief(at)gmx(dot)at>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net
Subject: Re: SPI-header-files safe for C++-compiler
Date: 2007-06-29 19:43:00
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 12:08 +0200, Jacob Rief wrote:
> If there is any chance to get this patch applied, I will of course regenerate
> it out of the HEAD-revision of the CVS repository.

I don't see a reason to reject the patch. All the arguments about why
using C++ in the backend is ill-advised are well-taken, but the patch
does *not* require "making a real commitment to making C++ usable as a
backend extension language", it just obviates the need for some people
to patch the source. So +1 from me.

-Neil