Re: PL/Python patch for Universal Newline Support

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Python patch for Universal Newline Support
Date: 2005-03-21 08:02:57
Lists: pgsql-patches

Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 02:50:47AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The PLs have their own regression tests in their individual src/pl
>> directories; feel free to hack on those (most are pretty lame :-()

> Thanks -- I'll add some tests there and resubmit.

One thing that needs some thought is how you are going to test this
robustly. I'd not feel any great deal of confidence in a test that
expects that we can push \r\n sequences into CVS and expect them to
survive unmodified into distributed filesets. Every so often someone
commits a DOS-newlines file into CVS, and they hear about it PDQ...