Re: Uhm, so, yeah, speaking of /.

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com>, PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Uhm, so, yeah, speaking of /.
Date: 2007-05-30 18:55:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 11:41 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > I agree that /. not a great example of stability or correctness.
>
> Interesting statement. Question: What would be a great example of
> stability of correctness?

Admittedly, I'm comparing against an ideal. If I get ungraceful errors
on /., that proves to me that it's not perfect.

I haven't had any problems on ebay before, for example, but maybe I just
don't use it enough. Amazon I've only had a problem once, and it was a
very graceful, localized error.

Gmail I had a problem once, but yahoo email has worked flawlessly for me
for a long time.

I'm sure others have had different experiences, and I don't mean to
generalize too much, but if you ask, I would say those other sites are
in a league above slashdot.

Of course, slashdot certainly gets the job done. If I get some error I
usually don't care much, but I would care if I was making a financial
transaction or counting on email.

Regards,
Jeff Davis