Re: Feature freeze progress report

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feature freeze progress report
Date: 2007-05-03 11:47:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

> We have _ample_ evidence that the problem is lack of people able to
> review patches, and yet there is this discussion to track patches
> better. It reminds me of someone who has lost their keys in an alley,
> but is looking for them in the street because the light is better there.

Bruce, I guess the analogy fails on the fact that you're not looking for
a key, but for people, and I thought "better light" will attract people
to find you instead of you to need to search...

I'm an outsider regarding postgres development, so my opinion does not
count, but the gut feeling is that more light attracts better people.
Not to mention it can help people get better...

Cheers,
Csaba.