Re: Bytea question

From: Mike Goldner <mgoldner(at)agmednet(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Chris Hoover <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Bytea question
Date: 2007-04-11 13:40:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

It sounds like you want to parse the contents of the bytea column within
a trigger/stored procedure. I haven't done this myself (I process the
bytea data in java as an input stream after retrieving it from
postgres), but you could probably use a FOR loop over the bytea column
and then use some combination of the Binary String Functions
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-binarystring.html) to process the file data.

Mike