Re: Synchronized Scan benchmark results

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Luke Lonergan <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Synchronized Scan benchmark results
Date: 2007-04-03 16:32:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 21:38 -0700, Luke Lonergan wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Your conclusions sound great - can you perhaps put the timings in a column
> in your table so we can confirm them?

I just threw the logs up, which contain the timings involved. I will try
to make graphs out of them, but the data is there.

The logs contain:
* The time a given backend fetches a page, if that page is an even
multiple of 5k
* The duration of a scan
* The time the scan started
* The cache hit ratio as reported by log_executor_stats

Your right, I do need to summarize it and make it more visually
accessible.

Regards,
Jeff Davis