Re: Persistent main memory Storage Manager

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Diego Montenegro <diego(dot)montenegro(at)yale(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Persistent main memory Storage Manager
Date: 2004-02-14 17:00:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Diego Montenegro <diego(dot)montenegro(at)yale(dot)edu> writes:
> Also, in released versions, MM.c is included but not used, does anyone
> know if it should work if we define the STABLE_MEMORY_STORAGE, or do a
> lot coding has to be done for it to work?

Actually, I removed that file a few days ago because I didn't see any
point in updating it to match the recent smgr API changes. Seems very
unlikely that it'd still work, given that it hasn't been maintained for
so many years.

It's unclear to me why anyone would bother with it anyway. Putting
$PGDATA on a RAM disk should have approximately the same effect.