Add items to a record variable

From: eddy sanchez <eddysan(at)udabol(dot)edu(dot)bo>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Add items to a record variable
Date: 2007-03-02 00:54:38
Lists: pgsql-general

WEBMAIL Server: UDABOLnet, Universidad de Aquino Bolivia

Can anyone help me???

I work with plpgsql and I need to add items to a record variable, with a for
statement, something like this:

declare
v_rec record;
begin
for nn in (some_xpresion) loop

v_rec = vrec + [new_item]; <--Here I need to add an item to record variable with
each loop
end loop lp;

return v_rec;
end;

The result should be like {it1,it2,it3,i4,....}

Please can you help me?
Thanks a lot

Este email se envio mediante el servidor WEBMAIL de UDABOLnet