Re: UUID patch broke win32

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PGSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: UUID patch broke win32
Date: 2007-01-28 20:18:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 20:47 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> uuid_t is defined to UUID in the win32 platform SDK header files. I
> would suggest we use pguuid_t or something like that instead.

We could possibly try to workaround it by #undef'ing any existing uuid_t
definitions before we supply our own, but per out-of-band discussion
with Magnus, it seems safer to just use a different type name
altogether. Attached is a patch that renames uuid_t to pg_uuid_t (and
makes some other minor cleanup of uuid.c), which I'll apply shortly.

-Neil

Attachment Content-Type Size
rename_uuid_t-1.patch text/x-patch 11.7 KB