Would this SPI function be useful?

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Would this SPI function be useful?
Date: 2007-01-23 01:51:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Would it be useful to have an SPI function that returns the OID and
namespace of the function being executed?

The reason I bring this up is due to a discussion on the PostGIS lists
about making the installation able to work in any namespace from one
generic SQL script.

The problem they have is that, because the functions don't know what
schema they reside in, they don't know how to call out to other
functions in the same namespace.

It might be useful to have a few basic functions that allow developers
of add-ons to access information like that. What come to my mind are:

SPI_get_my_oid();
SPI_get_my_nspname();

Regards,
Jeff Davis