Re: column limit?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6(at)bcbsm(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: column limit?
Date: 2002-07-24 15:29:54
Lists: pgsql-general

"Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6(at)bcbsm(dot)com> writes:
> Trying to looking for this in the docs, but, can someone clue me
> in for the direction for column limit? I'm trying to build
> a table with, say, 50+ columns (all but 2 of them are integer) and
> getting some error (the error itself is ambiguous as it refers to
> "'").

As Robert pointed out, you are nowhere near any limit. This is probably
a simple syntax error, but I don't doubt that it's hard to find in such
a large command :-(.

There is a problem with the parser in releases through 7.2 (it's fixed
for 7.3) in that in some situations, "parse error near foo" messages
will quote only a part of a token, rather than the whole token. I
suspect that this message is trying to point at some string literal
('foo') in your command.