Re: TODO: GNU TLS

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO: GNU TLS
Date: 2006-12-29 18:32:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Caution to the point of fantasy is a waste of resources. Caution to
> > further a political agenda (not you - but the people whose opinions you
> > are repeating) is exploitation.
>
> I don't believe Debian has any kind of political agenda in this regard.
> Debian's agenda is to follow the licenses as best it can. While that
> may go beyond what others feel like doing it's a good goal to have.

Actually everything about Debian (the project) is a political agenda.
That doesn't mean that it is invalid though.

That being said, this topic is WAY OFF-TOPIC for the discussion. The
discussion is:

Will we accept GNU TLS.

Currently there has not been one technical argument that is valid to
have us include GNU TLS.

Now is their a legal argument? Maybe, but until an *attorney* states
that there is an issue this is all m00t.

Speaking of which I am going to bounce of to SPI and see if we can get
an actual answer to this.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/