What user privileges do I need to CREATE FUNCTION's?

From: km4hr <km4hr(at)netscape(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What user privileges do I need to CREATE FUNCTION's?
Date: 2007-07-17 19:33:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm installing an application that provides a ".sql" script to create tables
and other objects in a postgresql database. When I run the script as user
"postgres" the script executes without errors. But then all the tables and
other objects are owned by "postgres". A user that I created to access the
tables, "newuser", doesn't have privileges needed to use them.

If I login as "newuser" and execute the install script, I get errors
indicating "newuser" doesn't have privileges to CREATE FUNCTION's .

How should I execute the install script so that all the objects are owned by
"newuser" and the FUNCTIONS are created?
What privileges does "newuser" need to create functions? I can't find that
described in the postgres manual?

thanks