EXPLAIN ANALYZE

From: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: EXPLAIN ANALYZE
Date: 2006-12-08 10:36:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

My understanding from 8.2 development was that EXPLAIN ANALYZE had been
altered so that if you issued a particular keystroke while it was
executing you'd get a partial results-so-far version of the EXPLAIN.

AFAICS that wasn't implemented. Or at least I can't find it?

The problem raised in 8.2dev was that EXPLAIN ANALYZE takes forever. It
still does, which means analyzing queries that run for too long is
almost impossible. Those are the ones we really need to analyze...

Thoughts?

--
Simon Riggs