shp2pgsql Help with sintax!

From: GPS Blaster <gps(dot)blaster(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: shp2pgsql Help with sintax!
Date: 2007-07-17 16:46:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi! New to postgres, im trying to import shapefiles into postgres 8.2
using shp2pgsql but so far have failed.

I tryed using the -p option just to prepare / create the tables then
insert the data, but no luck, please help me writing the correct
syntax to acomplish for the following:

Shapefile named "callesnac.shp"
Database "postgres" (postgres default installation)
Schema "sky"

Need:

Create table "callesnac"
Add column "gid" integer / not null default / next val
Add column "clasificac_vias" varchar

import / insert all the data from "callesnac.shp" into
callesnac table.

Thanks!