Re: Feature Request - sql result pane column auto-sizing

From: brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feature Request - sql result pane column auto-sizing
Date: 2006-11-25 01:50:21
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi developers! Hi Dave!

Dave Page wrote:
> Try double-clicking the headers. It should cycle through the default,
> fit, and nearly hidden sizes.

Maybe this is not what Mike has been thinking of, but I'd like to
propose an improvement in this context: cycle all columns at once by
double clicking the top left corner of the grid.

Right now you can select a whole column by clicking the header, and you
can auto-size it by double-clicking. By clicking the top left square
you can select all columns. The feature I am proposing would complete
this functionality: auto-size all columns on double-click in the top
left square.

First double click might sync all columns to initial state of default
(if not all are there yet), following double-clicks would cycle all
columns.

This would be quite helpful, especially as we lose sizes on every
refresh in the current implementation.

Alternatively you could resize all "selected" columns at once, like OOo
would. But from what I have learned about cursor and selections this
might not be an easy task.

Regards
Erwin