SQLFreeStmt(hstmt, SQL_DROP); Failure ?

From: "lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de" <lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQLFreeStmt(hstmt, SQL_DROP); Failure ?
Date: 2006-11-19 11:15:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I have a repeatable failure in my application. The code normally works
and I could not determine the
differences between my manual login and automatic login procedure.

The problem occures when I have activated automatic login of the user
on application startup.
This has nothing to do with driver login or database login to
PostgreSQL.

The point where the crash happens is very late and there have been made
many SQL requests using
the driver. I have stepped trough short before the line of the crash
and the program state seems to be ok.

Afterwards, the this pointer of my class is overwritten.
(first parameter on the function where SQLFreeStmt is used)

Tried to give you more details with a trace failed while trying to
setup the odbc.ini Debug/Trace flag.
I use psqlodbc-07.03.0200 (./configure --with-unixodbc
--enable-debug=yes)

Did someone knows, why the trace isn't activated ?

Thanks, Lothar

My computer: Mac OS X 10.3.9

My ODBC installation:
lothars-Computer:~ lothar$ odbcinst -j
unixODBC 2.2.11
DRIVERS............: /usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini
SYSTEM DATA SOURCES: /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini
USER DATA SOURCES..: /Users/lothar/.odbc.ini
lothars-Computer:~ lothar$

My ~/.odbc.ini file:
[ODBC Data Sources]
myodbc = MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver
brokers = PostgreSQL
trainres = PostgreSQL
sqlledger = PostgreSQL
Musik = PostgreSQL
snort = PostgreSQL
lbDMFMySQL = MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver
lbDMF = PostgreSQL

[lbDMF]
Driver = /usr/local/lib/psqlodbc.so
Description = Configuration for DMF
Servername = *.*.*.*
Username = dba
Password = ********
Database = lbdmf
Port = 5432
Protocol = 6.4
BoolsAsChar = 0
ShowSystemTables = 1
TrueIsMinus1 = 1
Trace = 1
TraceFile = /Users/lothar/lbDMF.log
Debug = 1
DebugFile = /Users/lothar/lbDMF.debug.log