Re: CallableStatement.setTimestamp bug

From: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Reuben Pasquini <pasquinir(at)bellsouth(dot)net>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CallableStatement.setTimestamp bug
Date: 2006-11-15 16:27:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I know that the driver is sending unknown as the timestamp type on
purpose, but I thought that the back-end was smart enough to associate
an unknown-type function parameter with the correct signature. I
haven't tested that, but it seems like it should work.

But it is known not to work if there is another function with the same
name and number of parameters, because the back-end has no means of
determining which of the functions should be called.

-- Mark