Re: [HACKERS] Indexing for geographic objects?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: selkovjr(at)mcs(dot)anl(dot)gov
Cc: "'pgsql-general '" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "'pgsql-hackers '" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Indexing for geographic objects?
Date: 2000-11-27 19:07:16
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

selkovjr(at)mcs(dot)anl(dot)gov writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> Yeah? Does it still work?

> You bet. One would otherwise be hearing from me. I depend on it quite
> heavily and I am checking with almost every release.

That's very good to hear! I was not aware that anyone was banging on it.

It seems like it would be a fine idea to adopt your stuff at least into
the contrib part of the distribution, maybe even (or eventually) into
the main release. I think we could probably make it part of the regress
tests even if it's contrib --- there's precedent, as regress already
uses some contrib stuff.

Do you have any problem with releasing your stuff under the Postgres
distribution terms (BSD license)?