Re: TCP/IP connection problem

From: Jari Vauhkonen <jari(dot)vauhkonen(at)joensuu(dot)fi>
To: Ben Suffolk <ben(at)vanilla(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TCP/IP connection problem
Date: 2006-10-26 16:35:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Quoting Ben Suffolk <ben(at)vanilla(dot)net>:

> I suggest you try and connect from the pgsql machine locally using
> tcp :-
>
> > psql -h = same.host.as.configured.from.windows.box -p = 5432 db user
>
> Then we can see if the problem still lies with pgsql, or with the
> firewall.

Ben,

All right. Now it works.

I tested your suggestion and found out from logfiles that my pg_hba.conf file
was quite corrupted ( i.e. invalid IP masks ) . I re-arranged the file, tested,
re-arranged again... and finally, it works.

Thanks to everyone who helped. I hope all of you didn't get too annoyed with all
these "PRESS ANYKEY" - "Hey, where's the anykey???" -styled questions of mine.

Jari