Re: materialized view

From: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
To: rajesh boppana <rajeshkrishna1(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: materialized view
Date: 2006-10-24 16:03:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 08:26, rajesh boppana wrote:
> we know that presently postgresql wiln't support it. we want to
> implement it.but i don,t know which source file we have to change.so
> please let me know the details of source functions which need to be
> changed to achieve materialized views.
> thanking the community

Like everything about PostgreSQL, while the core software may not have
the functionality built in, it has enough extensibility to let you do it
yourself. For a very informative tutorial on mat views and how to do
them, check out this page:

http://jonathangardner.net/PostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html