Version 7.3.8 Upgrade

From: "Craig W" <craig_walker(at)mcafee(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Version 7.3.8 Upgrade
Date: 2006-10-19 14:47:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have been tasked with investigating an upgrade from 7.3.8 to 8.1.5.

I have spent the last 12 years as an Ingres DBA, and am new to
PostgreSQL. I know database theory, but not the specifics of this one

I am sure that there will be benefits of upgrading, but are there any
known problems with upgrading ?

Please also let me know if it is a painless transition.

Thanks in advance for any useful replies

Craig