Re: publishing changelogs on pgweb

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: publishing changelogs on pgweb
Date: 2008-12-22 16:56:45
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-www

>>> BTW, cvs2cl (at least the version I use) works fine against a remote
>>> repository, so it's not like Ray couldn't have gotten the answer for
>>> himself. But a web page would be more user-friendly.

> What version is this? Mine seems to need a local checkout to work at all...

Yeah, mine too, but you can certainly make a local checkout if you have
access to the remote repository.

One thing to watch out for is that (at least in the version I use) what
cvs2cl seems to care about is having a local directory structure that
matches the repository. If you use the -P option to prune away local
subdirectories that no longer contain any live files, then cvs2cl won't
find log entries for the files that had been in that subdirectory.
Most of the time this isn't a huge problem, but if you want a complete
history then it's a good idea to make your checkout without -P.