casting to domain problem.

From: Gevik Babakhani <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: casting to domain problem.
Date: 2006-09-28 10:40:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Folks,

Continuing on previous discussion:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-09/msg01681.php

I was wondering why we are stripping the domains in
find_coercion_pathway(). Is it because we do not care for domains at
that point? And why don't we have extra logic there in order to find the
appropriate cast record (for the domain).

I searched the list for a possible answer but I couldn't find one.
Could someone please clarify this?

--
Regards,
Gevik Babakhani