[HELP]InstallationStepByStep?

From: Andrew Toth <tothaa(at)chello(dot)hu>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [HELP]InstallationStepByStep?
Date: 2006-09-27 08:57:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dear PgAdmin Forum,

I had installed postgresql and pgadmin, but something is wrong.

I have Debian experimental and kernel 2.6.17 running;

apt-get install postgresql-common odbc-postgresql postgresql-client-8.1
postgresql-client-common postgresql-8.1 pgadmin3

and some other packages...

I modified postgresql.conf:
listen_addresses = '*'
port = 5432
max_connections = 50
unix_socket_directory = '/var/run/postgresql'
ssl = true

I started pgadmin3 on the same computer and hit connection button:
address: localhost
service:
port: 5432
SSL: require
MaintanceDB: postgres
Username: postgres
password: a
storepassword:true
connect now: true

But I got a message:
//An error has occured:

Error connecting to the server: FATAL: password authentication failed
for user "postgres"//

But in bash shell, "su postgres" and typing password allows me to login
to its sh. So i really don't know how to install it correctly to get it
go...
(ARe there step-by-step- or complete idiot's installation instructions
for my machine?)

--

Tisztelettel: / Grüße / Yours sincerely,
Andrew Toth