Storing and retreiving infinity timestamp values from postgres database

From: Mario Splivalo <mario(dot)splivalo(at)mobart(dot)hr>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Storing and retreiving infinity timestamp values from postgres database
Date: 2006-09-26 22:47:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I have read some posts on this mailinglist concerning the infinity value
of the timestamp data type, where it was stated that an exception is
thrown when one attempts to read infinity value. Now, on the postgresql
jdbc there is an entry in TODO list wich mentions adding handling of
'infinity' values to the jdbc documentation.

Is it possible for someone to post some code here for reading/storing
infinity timestamp values to and from postgres database?

I'm using postgres 8.1 with latest JDBC drivers, and from the postgres
JDBC web page can be concluded that the infinity support has been added
to the driver.

Mario
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."