Re: Release notes

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Release notes
Date: 2006-09-20 16:10:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 15:37 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have completed my first pass over the release notes and Tom has made
> some additions:
>
> http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgrelease
>
> I will probably go over them again in a few hours, update them to
> current CVS, then move them into our SGML documentation by Monday.

We talk about "standby point-in-time-recovery (PITR) servers" in the
release notes, but in the docs PITR has now been replaced by Continuous
Archiving and we talk about Warm Standby servers.

Can we call them Warm Standby servers? That makes more sense for the
general reader and matches the docs.

Also, not sure what the thoughts are regarding surnames. I'm referred to
as both Simon and Simon Riggs in the release notes. Should we have a
policy of first mention uses full name, subsequent mentions just use
first name if there is no confusion by doing so?

--
Simon Riggs