JDBC connection problem: 08001 error

From: "saragwyn" <saragwyn(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC connection problem: 08001 error
Date: 2006-09-19 18:24:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi -

I have a java application that is connecting to a PostgreSQL database
via JDBC. We have deployed our database on several different servers
(Linux, MacOSX, Solaris), and after configuring the PostgreSQL database
correctly, have had no problems connecting.

One server, however, is posing a problem. When I try to create a
connection, I get the following error:

SQLState: 08001
The connection attempt failed

The server is running on CentOS vs. 3 with SE Linux disabled.

I would appreciate any ideas about what could be the problem.

Thanks
-Sara