Access to PostgreSQL database from external world

From: "Lukasz" <fatmouse(at)poczta(dot)fm>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Access to PostgreSQL database from external world
Date: 2006-09-19 13:05:12
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I would like to install a PostgreSQL. I know how to manage the database
itself, creae databases, user, groups and so on. But I don't know how
to allow other users, who are outside LAN to connect to database
through Internet.

For example, my external IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, and my IP in the local
network is yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy. I want to install PostgreSQL on the
computer with yyy.yyy... What and where I need to configure to have
access to my database from Internet?

Regard,
Lukasz