Re: [Fwd: Re: Performance problem with Sarge compared

From: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
To: Piñeiro <apinheiro(at)igalia(dot)com>
Cc: PSQL-Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Performance problem with Sarge compared
Date: 2006-09-12 16:20:04
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 11:06, Piñeiro wrote:
> [...]

OK, I'm gonna guess that 8.1 or 8.2 will likely not fix your problem, as
it's likely that somewhere along the line the planner is making some
inefficient unconstrained join on your data in some intermediate step.

As Tom asked, post the explain analyze output for this query. I'm
guessing there'll be a stage that is creating millions (possibly upon
millions) of rows from a cross product.