Re: Which benchmark to use for testing FS?

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Michael Stone <mstone+postgres(at)mathom(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Which benchmark to use for testing FS?
Date: 2006-08-24 16:05:05
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 21:50 -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 03:23:03PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> >Also, do ext2 or UFS without soft updates run the risk of losing or
> >corrupting my data?
>
> I suggest you check the list archives; there's a lot of stuff about
> filesystems and disk configuration in there.

I spent a while looking in the list archives, but the list archives have
been misbehaving lately (you click on a search result and the message
that appears doesn't have the same subject as the one you clicked on).
They may have fixed that (they are aware of the problem, according to
pgsql-www). Also, the messages I was able to find were mostly from a
long time ago.

If you have a pointer to a particularly useful thread please let me
know.

Regards,
Jeff Davis