Autonumbering Problem?

From: Arthur Baldwin <mobilepc(at)mobilepcclinic(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Autonumbering Problem?
Date: 2006-08-21 16:51:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I'm used to MS Access handling the autonumbering all by itself. I'm not
sure if this issue is common knowledge for both PostGres and MySQL, but
perhaps the reason for my error message has to do with a badly formed
SQL statement. Here is the output seen in my terminal window:

[arthur(at)arthur ~]$ psql tco

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help with psql commands
\q to quit

tco=# insert into customers (FullName) values ('Arthur E. Baldwin');
ERROR: relation "customers" does not exist
tco=# \d
List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner
public | Customers | table | arthur
public | Customers_CustID_seq | sequence | arthur
(2 rows)

tco=#

What am I doing wrong?