Re: Postgres blob question - insert from basic.

From: Syan Tan <kittylitter(at)people(dot)net(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "richard terry" <rterry(at)pacific(dot)net(dot)au>
Subject: Re: Postgres blob question - insert from basic.
Date: 2009-11-25 03:47:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

I used base64 and even hex , and respectively if you've got 8G of image data
it's going to bloat by 1.5 to 2 times. Uploading files to a server-side image directory
makes the backup process split into dumping the postgres database and targzipping a directory tree,
but quite a few previous applications in richard's domain have gone down that path , if I remember
genie and md3.
On Tue 24/11/09 11:36 , "richard terry" rterry(at)pacific(dot)net(dot)au sent: