Re: best way to get PKey and FKey from inside applications (permission pb)

From: zzzeek(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: best way to get PKey and FKey from inside applications (permission pb)
Date: 2006-06-22 06:01:54
Lists: pgsql-general

sandro -

SQL2003 fixes these issues with information_schema but it seems that
postgres has not caught up yet:
http://groups.google.com/group/pgsql.interfaces/browse_thread/thread/9f19995849b3cdf4/c20b81bf8cf183af?lnk=st&q=information+schema&rnum=9&hl=en#c20b81bf8cf183af

although i am running only 8.0.4 here. if 8.1 still has this problem
(and its documentation for information_schema still seems to indicate
the views show constraints "owned" by the current user rather than
"accessible"), then we might as well use PG's system tables until this
is resolved. can you submit a patch to postgres.py that uses the PG
system tables ?