PL/Perl questions...

From: "LLC" <kevin(at)kevinkempterllc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PL/Perl questions...
Date: 2006-06-16 16:42:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi List;

I have 2 questions...

1) I want to create a perl function which connects to an external non-Postgres database and retrieves data. I wonder is the best way to do this to return a set or an array? I assume returning a data set is a better way to go, I want to be able to run something like this:

"select a,b,c from my_new_perl_func('odbc-conn', 'sql-string') as t1(a,b,c)";

2) can anyone provide me with an example of how to return data from a perl function in this manner based on a DBI query?

Thanks in advance for your help...