Re: Querying for strings that match after prefix

From: "badlydrawnbhoy" <badlydrawnbhoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Querying for strings that match after prefix
Date: 2006-06-02 12:18:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there,

I think I need to explain a bit further.

I tried simply using

update people
replace(address, 'mailto:','');

but unfortunately that produced a duplicate key error as some of the
addresses prefixed with 'mailto:' are already present (unprefixed) in
the table.

So what I need to do is find those entries - those items in the table
for which there is an equivalent entry prefixed with 'mailto:'.

Sorry if I'm not being very clear!

Cheers

BBB